This video picks up where the introductory video left off, covering the first two steps in the Linked Data Pipeline. Google Refine is used to "unify and clean" the data before "converting to RDF".
Keywords: Google Refine, RDF Schema, DBpedia
Author: Da, Ani
Date created: 2012-06-28 07:00:00.000
Time required: P15M
Interactivity type: mixed
- Cleans a dataset by finding and correcting errors, removing duplicates and unwanted data.
- Knows methods for generating RDF data from tabular data in formats such as Comma-Separated Values (CSV).
- Reuses published properties and classes where available.
- Uses RDF Schema to express semantic relationships within a vocabulary.
- Uses available resources for named entity recognition, extraction, and reconciliation.