The central idea of Linked Data is that data publishers support applications in discovering and integrating data by complying to a set of best practices in the areas of linking, vocabulary usage, and metadata provision. This paper revisits and updates the findings of the 2011 State of the LOD Cloud report based on a crawl of the Web of Linked Data conducted in April 2014.
Keywords: Dereferencability, Vocabulary, Metadata, VoID, Schema.org, Linked Open Data (LOD) Cloud
Author: Bizer, Christian
Date created: 2014-12-19 05:00:00.000
Time required: P25M
Educational use: professionalDevelopment
Educational audience: professional
Interactivity type: expositive
- [MOVE] Knows portals and registries for finding RDF-based vocabularies.
- Registers datasets with relevant services for discovery.
- Uses available vocabularies for dataset description to support their discovery.
- Reuses published properties and classes where available.
- Understands that to be "dereferencable", a URI should be usable to retrieve a representation of the resource it identifies.