This is the eleventh chapter in MarkLogic's "Semantic Developer's Guide".
It discusses client-side APIs that provide support for management of triples and graphs, SPARQL and SPARQL Update, and access to the search features of MarkLogic server. The Java Client and Node.js Client source are available on GitHub. Also on GitHub are MarkLogic Sesame and MarkLogic Jena.
Keywords: SPARQL, CRUD, Rulesets, Permissions, Bindings
Time required: P30M
- Knows the SPARQL 1.1 Update language for updating, creating, and removing RDF graphs in a Graph Store
- Understands how components of the RDF data model (datasets, graphs, statements, and various types of node) are expressed in the RDF library of a given programming language by constructs such as object
- Understands how the pattern matching of SPARQL queries can be expressed using functionally equivalent constructs in RDF programming libraries.
- Uses an RDF programming library to serialize RDF data in available syntaxes.
- Uses RDF libraries to process various types of SPARQL query result.