This slide presentation provides guidance for a person tasked with translating a Domain Model into an RDF schema. Modelling initiatives usually focus on a Domain Model that shows the classes, properties and relationships as this greatly aids human understanding of the information space. To achieve interoperability between two systems that need to seamlessly exchange data, a conceptual Domain Model needs to be implemented in a machine-readable and –understandable format, such as XML or RDF.
Keywords: Metadata, Namespace, Interoperability, RDF Schema, Linked Open Vocabularies (LOV)
Publisher: European Comission
Time required: P30M
Educational use: professionalDevelopment
Educational audience: generalPublic
Interactivity type: expositive
- [MOVE] Knows portals and registries for finding RDF-based vocabularies.
- Coins namespace URIs, as needed, for any new properties and classes required.
- Knows the naming conventions for RDF properties and classes.
- Reuses published properties and classes where available.
- Understands the purpose of publishing RDF vocabularies in multiple formats using content negotiation.