Demonstration of "Explore&Query", a new visual search method for the Semantic Web. The presenter builds an advanced SPARQL query- without writing any code- that uses DBpedia data to answer a complex question about professional soccer goalkeepers. The results are then exported to a separate data analytics tool, Spotfire, to create a visualization.
Keywords: Visual search, DBpedia, SPARQL, Spotfire
Author: Kerstna, Jurgen
Publisher: Vinge Free
Date created: 2013-08-22 07:00:00.000
Time required: P10M
Educational audience: professional
- Knows graphic conventions for depicting RDF-based models.
- Reads and understands high-level descriptions of the classes and properties of a dataset in order to write queries.
- Uses available tools, servers, and endpoints to issue queries against a dataset.
- Uses available ontology browsing tools to explore the ontologies used in a particular dataset.
- Uses publicly available tools to visualize data.