Using DBpedia, Google Refine, R, and Gephi to play with Linked Data. This tutorial uses data from DBpedia with the aforementioned tools to create visualizations of musicians who performed in different bands together.
Keywords: R (programming language), Google Refine, Data visualization, SPARQL, DBpedia, Gephi
Author: Sherlock, David
Date created: 2013-05-31 07:00:00.000
Time required: P30M
- Accesses DBPedia's SNORQL/SPARQL endpoint and issues simple queries.
- Cleans a dataset by finding and correcting errors, removing duplicates and unwanted data.
- Converts/manipulates SPARQL query outputs (RDF-XML, JSON) to the exact format required by a third party tools and APIs.
- Reads and understands high-level descriptions of the classes and properties of a dataset in order to write queries.
- Distills results taken from large datasets so that visualizations are human-friendly.
- Uses publicly available tools to visualize data.