This document provides recommendations for expressing Dublin Core metadata using RDF, the Resource Description Framework. It describes how the features of the DCMI Abstract Model are represented using the RDF data model. It does not rely on any specific RDF syntax, though examples using RDF/XML are provided.
Keywords: RDF/XML, Dublin Core
Author: Naeve, Ambjörn
Publisher: Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
Date created: 2008-01-14 05:00:00.000
Time required: P30M
Educational use: instruction
Educational audience: student
Interactivity type: expositive
- Expresses data in serializations such as RDF/XML, N-Triples, Turtle, N3, Trig, JSON-LD, and RDFa.
- Knows the subject-predicate-object component structure of a triple.
- Understands that resources are declared to be members (instances) of classes using the property rdf:type.
- Understands the RDF abstract data model as a directed labeled graph.
- Understands the use of datatypes and language tags with literals.