These sample queries and output were originally published as teaching tools intended to complement Learning SPARQL: 2nd Edition by Bob DuCharme. The preface of the book states that the code is fair-game for non-profit and pedagogical purposes, and may also be used in the readers' own programs and documentation without need to contact the author or publisher for permission- so long as a significant portion of the code is not reproduced. These examples are download-able as individual files or in one zip file.
Keywords: SPARQL, Turtle
Author: DuCharme, Bob
Date created: 2013-08-01 04:00:00.000
Time required: P4H
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the forms and uses of SPARQL result sets (SELECT, CONSTRUCT, DESCRIBE, and ASK).
- Differentiates between a Default Graph and a Named Graph, and formulates queries using the GRAPH clause.
- Understands how to combine and filter graph patterns using operators such as UNION, OPTIONAL, FILTER, and MINUS.
- Understands the major SPARQL result set modifiers, e.g., to limit or sort results, or to return distinct results only once.
- Understands the use of SPARQL functions and operators.