This book teaches how to use SPARQL 1.1, starting off with simple queries that demonstrate the language using a query-by-example approach and then taking the reader through all the key features of the SPARQL 1.1 query and update languages. All example code is provided for the reader and can be run with open-source software. In addition to the print version, this book is available in EBook, DAISY, ePub, Mobi and PDF formats.
Keywords: SPARQL, ARQ, Graph, SPARQL endpoint, Apache Jena
Author: DuCharme, Bob
Date created: 2013-08-01 04:00:00.000
Time required: P8H
Educational use: instruction
Educational audience: professional
Interactivity type: expositive
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the forms and uses of SPARQL result sets (SELECT, CONSTRUCT, DESCRIBE, and ASK).
- Understands how to combine and filter graph patterns using operators such as UNION, OPTIONAL, FILTER, and MINUS.
- Formulates advanced queries using FROM NAMED and GRAPH on local data.
- Knows the SPARQL 1.1 Graph Store HTTP protocol for updating graphs on a web server (in "restful" style).
- Knows the SPARQL 1.1 Update language for updating, creating, and removing RDF graphs in a Graph Store
- Queries multiple data files using Fuseki.
- Uses ARQ to evaluate queries on local data.