This blog post shares how to retrieve several variables of data from the Ordnance Survey dataset, available as Linked Open Data (LOD). Includes SPARQL queries and instructions on how to retrieve the desired output format from the SPARQL endpoint.
Keywords: Linked Open Data (LOD), SPARQL
Author: Goodwin, John
Date created: 2013-08-01 04:00:00.000
Time required: P15M
Educational use: instruction
Educational audience: student
Interactivity type: expositive
- Converts/manipulates SPARQL query outputs (RDF-XML, JSON) to the exact format required by a third party tools and APIs.
- Uses available tools, servers, and endpoints to issue queries against a dataset.
- Uses ORDER BY to define ordering conditions by variable, function call, or expression.
- Uses UNION to formulate queries with multiple possible graph patterns.
- Uses variables in SELECT and WHERE clauses to yield a table of results.