This video is about defining classes, properties, class hierarchies and property hierarchies using Protégé, a free, open-source ontology editor and framework. Although the video deals with one specific tool, it lends insight into the thought process of building out an ontology from scratch.
Keywords: Ontology, Protégé, Web Ontology Language (OWL)
Author: Bikakis, Antonis
Date created: 2013-02-18 07:00:00.000
Time required: P10M
- Correctly uses sub-class relationships in support of inference.
- Correctly uses sub-property relationships in support of inference.
- Knows that the word "ontology" is ambiguous, referring to any RDF vocabulary, but more typically a set of OWL classes and properties designed to support inferencing in a specific domain.
- Knows the naming conventions for RDF properties and classes.
- Understands the role of formally declared domains and ranges for inferencing.