Follows where previous video left off, describing how RDF Schema is itself a vocabulary and how it can be used to define new classes of resources. Discusses how RDF Schema fits into the subject, predicate, object triple pattern and the use of sub-classes. Covered basics of assigning domain and range. One in a series of videos.
Keywords: Range, Domain, Triple, Property, Class, RDF Schema
Author: Sadawi, Noureddin
Date created: 2014-03-16 04:00:00.000
Time required: P10M
Educational audience: generalPublic
- Correctly uses sub-class relationships in support of inference.
- Knows the naming conventions for RDF properties and classes.
- Uses RDF Schema to express semantic relationships within a vocabulary.
- Understands that resources are declared to be members (instances) of classes using the property rdf:type.
- Understands the role of formally declared domains and ranges for inferencing.