An overview of SPARQL including its history, and examples of queries with operators. Also includes brief discussion of Apache Jena (a Java Framework for Linked Data applications) and the Fuseki SPARQL server.
Keywords: Fuseki, Apache Jena, REST, SPARQL, Triple Store
Author: Seaborne, Andy
Publisher: Epimorphics LTD
Date created: 2013-03-05 07:00:00.000
Time required: P10M
Educational audience: generalPublic
Interactivity type: expositive
- Formulates advanced queries using subqueries.
- Knows the SPARQL 1.1 Graph Store HTTP protocol for updating graphs on a web server (in "restful" style).
- Knows the SPARQL 1.1 Update language for updating, creating, and removing RDF graphs in a Graph Store
- Understands the role of Property Paths and how they are formed by combining predicates with regular expression-like operators.
- Uses Fuseki server to evaluate queries on a dataset.