A simple but comprehensive slide presentation covering the basics of what SPARQL is and how it is used. NOTE: This resource was created before SPARQL 1.1, so it only covers SPARQL as a query language (not as an Update language or Graph Store HTTP Protocol).
Keywords: SPARQL endpoint, SPARQL, Negation
Author: Gandon, Fabien
Date created: 2007-12-31 07:00:00.000
Time required: P20M
Educational use: instruction
Educational audience: generalPublic
Interactivity type: expositive
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the forms and uses of SPARQL result sets (SELECT, CONSTRUCT, DESCRIBE, and ASK).
- Understands how to combine and filter graph patterns using operators such as UNION, OPTIONAL, FILTER, and MINUS.
- Understands that a SPARQL query matches an RDF graph against a pattern of triples with fixed and variable values.
- Understands the major SPARQL result set modifiers, e.g., to limit or sort results, or to return distinct results only once.
- Uses PREFIX for base URIs.