This slide tutorial focuses on using DESCRIBE and CONSTRUCT in SPARQL queries, but also includes other basic operators. Several examples are provided which include the RDF data being queried, the SPARQL query itself, and the result table. This is followed by quiz questions which ask the user to query DBpedia's SPARQL endpoint. The answers to the question (in the form of completed SPARQL queries) are included.
Keywords: DBpedia, SPARQL
Author: Oh, Sam
Publisher: Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)
Date created: 2016-11-22 05:00:00.000
Time required: P20M
Educational use: instruction
Educational audience: professional
Interactivity type: expositive
- Accesses DBPedia's SNORQL/SPARQL endpoint and issues simple queries.
- Understands the use of datatypes and language tags with literals.
- Uses CONSTRUCT to extract and transform results into a single RDF graph specified by a graph template.
- Uses DESCRIBE to extract a single graph containing RDF data about resources.
- Uses FILTER to formulates queries that eliminate solutions from a result set.