This interface implements SPARQL and SPARQL+ via HTTP Bindings. Enabled operations: select, construct, ask, describe (Max. number of results : 2000). Includes three sample queries: 1) Get the name, homepage and phone number of this organisation; 2) Search for phone/email of anyone with the surname Jones; 3) List eprints and journal names of articles published in January 2011. One dozen of the most commonly used namespaces are already filled in to the PREFIX fields for the user. Results are outputted in all commonly used formats (including CSV, XML, and JSON).
Keywords: SPARQL, SPARQL endpoint
Publisher: University of Southampton
Time required: P10M
Educational use: instruction
Educational audience: professional
Interactivity type: active
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the forms and uses of SPARQL result sets (SELECT, CONSTRUCT, DESCRIBE, and ASK).
- Differentiates between a Default Graph and a Named Graph, and formulates queries using the GRAPH clause.
- Understands how to combine and filter graph patterns using operators such as UNION, OPTIONAL, FILTER, and MINUS.
- Uses available tools, servers, and endpoints to issue queries against a dataset.
- Uses DISTINCT to ensure solutions in the sequence are unique.