The author describes how he created a mashup of data.gov.uk and Ordnance Survey Linked Data using just the Python RDFLib library – no triple store is required.
Keywords: Linked Open Data (LOD), Government Open Data, Python, RDFLib
Author: Goodwin, John
Date created: 2011-01-18 05:00:00.000
Time required: P30M
Educational use: professionalDevelopment
Educational audience: student
Interactivity type: mixed
- Programatically associates namespaces to prefixes for use in serializing RDF or when parsing SPARQL queries.
- Uses RDF programming libraries to persistently stores triples in memory, on disk, or to interact with triple stores.
- Uses RDF-specific programming methods to iterate over components of RDF data.
- Understands how components of the RDF data model (datasets, graphs, statements, and various types of node) are expressed in the RDF library of a given programming language by constructs such as object
- Understands how the pattern matching of SPARQL queries can be expressed using functionally equivalent constructs in RDF programming libraries.