This is the ninth chapter in MarkLogic's "Semantic Developer's Guide". It describes how to use MarkLogic Semantics with the REST Client API to view, query, and modify triples and graphs using REST over HTTP. A MarkLogic SPARQL endpoint is available to use with SPARQL query and SPARQL Update to access triples in MarkLogic. Several types of optimized serialization are available for SPARQL results and RDF triples over REST.
Keywords: SPARQL, REST API, SPARQL endpoint, CRUD, Permissions
Time required: P1H
- Knows the SPARQL 1.1 Graph Store HTTP protocol for updating graphs on a web server (in "restful" style).
- Knows the SPARQL 1.1 Update language for updating, creating, and removing RDF graphs in a Graph Store
- Understands how the pattern matching of SPARQL queries can be expressed using functionally equivalent constructs in RDF programming libraries.
- Uses an RDF programming library to serialize RDF data in available syntaxes.
- Uses available tools, servers, and endpoints to issue queries against a dataset.
- Uses RDF libraries to process various types of SPARQL query result.